Applications are open to foreign citizens with reliable financial support and stability who are senior-high-school graduates with an age between 18 and 50 (16 and 60 for short term transfer students) and in good health.Your Chance to Get Admitted
I want to take a semester long intensive Chinese course to raise my level of speaking and written mandarin to as high as possible. I have been recommended by both people and online forums that SISU is the best school in Shanghai to seriously learn and improve your Mandarin ability.
- 1 Year ago
- From:United Kingdom
I have chosen Shanghai International Studies University as the six month intensive mandarin course was exactly what I was looking for. Having always wanted to visit Shanghai, I thought it would be a great experience to learn mandarin as well; I feel as though SISU will be able to provide me with a memorable and wonderful experience.
- 2 Years ago
The university offers an intensive language course that corresponds to what I'm hoping to learn and achieve as a successful third language speaker.
- 3 Years ago
This university has an excellent intensive course. I could learn more than in the other universities. Also great reviews that I read encouraged to undertake studies at this University. My Chinese teacher strongly recommend me Semester Chinese Language Program in Shanghai International Studies University and my friend, she was studying there from Confucius Institute Scholarship . I also have a good health. Besides learning Chinese and travelling, running is also my hobby. I ran two marathons and 9 halfmarathons in Poland. If I have a chance to study in Shanghai International Studies University I am going to take part in Shanghai International Marathon. I had a great oportunity to spend a month in China (Beijin 2015-12), now I think it is one of the most amazing country I have ever visited. In Poland I study chinese language and during this trip I had a chance to improved my language skills, discovered the most beautiful and the fastest growing economy and country in the world. Now I would like to spend semester in Shanghai, because I want to discover as many cities as possible and continue learning chinese in one of the best university in China. I am sure that with the best Teachers, a lot of Chinese language classes and my huge motivation to study I will seize the opportunity and make fast progress.
- 3 Years ago
I have already spent a summer at SISU and quite enjoyed the quality of your classes
- 3 Years ago
This program is provided at three levels: beginning, elementary and intermediate (levels won’t be available unless there is an enrollment of 10 or above).
- 1) Students who don’t have any knowledge of Chinese should enter a beginning level class.
- 2) Students who are in elementary level(HSK 2) or have one semester’s full-time Chinese training in Chinese university should enter an elementary level class.
- 3) Students who are in pre-intermediate level(HSK 3) or have one year’s full-time Chinese training in Chinese university enter an intermediate level class.
Academic Target and Goals
The Intensive Chinese Language Program is specially designed for the international students who are going to study undergraduate programs in China, and those who want to improve their Chinese proficiency in short period. This program aims to help international students construct their own Chinese language system, make use of Chinese language during daily communication and discussion by focusing on the teaching of Chinese vocabulary and grammar. After completing one-year course of the program, the student’s Chinese proficiency is expected to meet the requirements of entering an undergraduate program in China and reach New HSK level 5.
1)Basic Chinese Language Courses:
Comprehensive Chinese (grammar, conversation, Chinese characters), Chinese Listening Comprehension, Chinese Reading and Chinese Conversation.
2)HSK Intensive Training Courses:
Intensive training in the aspects of Chinese listening, grammar, reading and comprehensive Chinese.
This course falls into three levels, including beginner, elementary and intermediate level(classes will be open with more than 10 students).
1)Students who don’t have any knowledge of Chinese should enter a beginner class.
2)Students who have New HSK Level 2 certificate or have one semester’s full-time Chinese training in any Chinese university should enter an elementary level class.
3)Students who have New HSK Level 3 certificate or have one year’s full-time Chinese training in any Chinese university should enter an intermediate level class.
Applications are open to foreign citizens with reliable financial support and stability who are senior-high-school graduates with an age between 18 and 50 (16 and 60 for short term transfer students) and in good health.
Tuition Fee Non-degree RMB 17,000 in total (About $ 3,120) Accommodation Fee SISU Guesthouse Double Room RMB 90 to RMB 105 Single Room RMB 140 to RMB 170 SISU Hotel Double Room RMB 80 to RMB 85 Single Room RMB 160 to RMB 170 International Students Dormitory Double Room RMB 50 Single Room RMB 100 Other Fees Application Fee USD 85 to USD 150 Service Fee USD 50 Living Expense RMB 400 to RMB 3,000
- Application Materials
1. Certificate/diploma of highest education
Graduation certificate in languages other than Chinese or English should be translated into Chinese or English and be certified by notarization.
2. Academic transcript of highest education
3. Photocopy of valid passport
With name, passport number & expiration date, and photo included
4. 2 passport photos (in size of 5cm * 4cm)
5. Supporting Documents: Certificate of Good Conduct
Provided by your current/previous school/company in Chinese/English to improve your success rate.You can download a template or sample from here.
For applicants who are in China: If you are an employee, you still need to provide employment separation certificate and your current residence permit. If you are a student, you need to provide transfer certificate, leaving certificate, certificate of attendance rate issued by previous school and your current residence permit.
- How to Apply
- It only take you minutes to apply through CUCAS!
- 1. Click “Apply Now” button on the right side of the page.
- 2. Fill in online application form. (About 10 minutes)
- 3. Upload required documents. (About 5 minutes)
- 4. Pay the application fee and CUCAS service fee (CUCAS is authorized to collect on the university’s behalf). (About 5 minutes)
- 5. Click “Submit” button.
- Important notice: You need to create a CUCAS account before apply. Account name needs to be a valid email, which will be used to receive CUCAS notice about your application process.
CUCAS provides best service in this industry to international students. Apply through CUCAS, you will enjoy:
- • Free Online Consulting, response within one working day.
- • Free access to Chinese university database, 20,000+ programs in 300+ top Chinese universities are available.
- • Free and easy-to-use online application system, only need 20 minutes to complete application.
- • Free accommodation booking.
- • Free DHL delivery - fast arrival and guarantee to get admission package.
- • Mostly get admission letter in 2 weeks.
- • Free visa guide, per-departure guide and students handbook.
- • Airport pick-up Service.
- • Money Transfer Service.
- • Chance to find alumni.
- Learn More>>
|·Starting Date :||
|Teaching Language :||Chinese|
|Application Deadline:||Jun 30 , 2020|
|Tuition :||RMB 17,000 In Total|
|Application Fee:||USD 85 (Non-Refundable)|
|Service Fee:||USD 50 (Non-Refundable)|
Feel Free to Ask Questions!
Tel : (86) 010-82865135
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org