- Be a senior high school graduate.
- Be in the age bracket of 18-60.
I have researched a good language university and BLCU was recommended very highly by many of my resources and friends.
- 9 months ago
- From:South Africa
I studied Mandarin during my undergraduate studies. It has been 5 years and i was looking for an intensive short program to start relearning the language. The BLCU programs offer great flexibility and fit my schedule perfectly. The fact that BLCU is one of the most renowned universities in China, and that i will be learning in a full immersion environment, has me very confident that this program will greatly advance my command over the Chinese language.
- 9 months ago
I previously studied at the Beijing Language and Culture University for a 4-week intensive Chinese course on July 31, 2014. I really enjoyed receiving the education from my previous teachers and the student life in Beijing. I successfully achieved Chinese level B. I would like to improve my Chinese and made the decision to return and study the 12-week Chinese program.
- 10 months ago
- From:China Hong Kong
I am currently living and working in Beijing, in addition to self studying Chinese and I plan to go back to the UK to do a Masters course in Eastern International Relations starting in September of this year. For these reasons this course is perfect for me insofar as it will allow me to continue my Chinese studies in a more formal setting; to continue to learn more about Beijing, it's people and customs, and prepare me in advance of my China focused Masters course. This last point is especially important as I am planning on applying to Chinese Universities for PhD programs after I complete my Masters Degree, and so experience with Chinese tertiary level education will be valuable. In particular I want to study at BLCU because of it's phenomenal reputation as China's premier languages and culture institution. Also, I have several friends in Beijing who study at this University and recommend it highly. I have even visited the Campus and am very impressed with the layout and facilities.
- 10 months ago
- From:United Kingdom
It was recommended to me
- 11 months ago
- BLCU being an undisputed world leader in Chinese language education has always been a leading liberal arts university in China.
- BLCU is called Little United Nations, which brings ideas and brilliant minds together, inspiring global communications and exchanges with real impact today and in the future.
- BLCU has become the academic base for the study of languages and culture and the cradle for diplomats.
- A complete list of Chinese Language Courses with constant innovation in curriculum are provided to the international students.
- BLCU owns a strong faculty team with most recognized teaching quality.
1. Program Introduction
Editor Notes: This program is suitable for the learners of various levels.
- This program will offer lots of optional courses.
- This program adopts standardized teaching, with emphasis on systematic grammar learning and communicative competence development.
- There are 4-week, 5-week, 12-week, and term-long Chinese language and culture training courses all year round, and 4-week, 5-week, 6-week, and 8-week courses during the summer vacation period.
- Students will have two options among all courses, i.e. 20 hours/week training course and 30 hours/week intensive course.
- Students will have a placement test upon registration and then arranged in the suitable classes.
- Students can also have individualized Chinese language and culture training courses, summer camps, and cultural tours for special enterprises, schools, organizations and so on.
- There are lots of interesting language practice activities which integrate cultural experiential teaching with language teaching.
2. Program Structure
Editor Notes: All courses are conducted in sixteen different levels of six ranks, i.e. A, B, C, D. E. and F, ranging from the beginner’s to advanced.
Teaching grade Courses Class A Comprehensive Chinese ABC Oral Chinese ABC Listening ABC Class B Primary Comprehensive Chinese Primary Spoken Chinese Primary Listening Class C Standard Intermediate Comprehensive Chinese Standard Intermediate Oral Chinese Standard Intermediate Listening Language Practice Class D Intermediate Comprehensive Chinese Intermediate Spoken Chinese Intermediate Listening Intermediate reading Class E Standard advanced comprehensive Chinese Standard advanced Spoken Chinese Standard advanced listening and speaking Standard advanced reading Class F Advanced comprehensive Chinese Advanced Spoken Chinese Advanced listening and speaking Advanced reading and writing
3. Time Table
12 Week Courses ( 20 class hours per week) Level A (Beginner) Level B (Elementary) Level C (Pre-intermediate) Level D (Intermediate) Level E/F (Advanced) Comprehensive Comprehensive Comprehensive Comprehensive Comprehensive Speaking Speaking Speaking Speaking Speaking Listening Listening Listening Listening Audio-Visual and Speaking Reading Reading Reading 4/5/6 Week Courses (20 class hours per week) Level A (Beginner) Level B (Elementary) Level C (Pre-intermediate) Level D (Intermediate) Level E/F (Advanced) Speaking: Learning and Practice Elementary Chinese: Learning and Practice Speaking Speaking Speaking Speaking: Intensive Practice (Beginner and Refresher) Elementary Chinese: Intensive Practice Listening Listening News Reading Reading Reading
News Audio-Visual and Speaking
4. School Introduction
Editor Notes: It is the only international university in China with its main task set at teaching the Chinese language and culture to foreign students.
Beijing Language and Culture University was founded in 1962, and was originally named the Higher Preparatory School for Foreign Students. In 1996, with the approval of the Ministry of Education, the school became the Beijing Language and Culture University. It is the only international university in China, and is highly respected. Its main task is to teach the Chinese language and culture to foreign students, Learn More>>
5. International Cooperation
Editor Notes: BLCU has built cooperative ties with universities and educational institutions in over 50 countries and regions in the world.
- The School owns more than 100 well-known foreign scholars as its professors emeritus and visiting professors.
- The School pays much attention to cultivating talents through international co-operation.
- BLCU has won the title “Excellent Confucius Institute” and lots of faculty members there awarded as “Excellent Staff of the Year”.
- More than 1,000 Chinese language teachers work in oversea universities and educational institutions.
6. Campus Life
Editor Notes: International students can immerse themselves in Chinese and the culture and make friends from all over the world.
The 3rd Chinese Bridge Competition
The 5th Chinese Star
- Be a senior high school graduate.
- Be in the age bracket of 18-60.
Tuition Fee Non-degree RMB 8,300 in total (About $ 1,525) Accommodation Fee Dormitory No.17 Double Room RMB 80 (Per Bed Per Day) Dormitory No.4 Double Room RMB 75 (Per Person Per Day) Dormitory No.6 Single Room RMB 145 (Per Person Per Day) Dormitory No.7 Single Room RMB 145 (Per Person Per Day) Dormitory No.8 Single Room RMB 145 (Per Person Per Day) Conference center Double Room RMB 398 (Per Person Per Day) Single Room RMB 140 to RMB 205 (Per Person Per Day) Other Fees Application Fee RMB 600 to RMB 800 Service Fee USD 50 Living Expense RMB 2,200 to RMB 2,800
- Application Materials
1. Applicants under the age of 18 (above the age of 16) also need to provide
1. Notarial Certificate(original copy), which includes Guardian’s Letter of Guarantee and Notarization letterYou can download a template or sample from here.
2. Photocopy of Guarantor's ID or Residence Permit (front side and back side), or Foreigner's Residence Permit
Notes: 1. Applicant’s parent need to find A.a Beijing Local, or B.a non-Beijing-local(working in Beijing with residence permit),or C. a foreigner( with a residence permit which covers the applicant’s study period),to be the applicant’s guarantor. First, Letter of Authorization can be acquired at Chinese embassy or consulate. Second, The Letter of Authorization should be notarized at a notary office in Beijing.)
2. Photocopy of valid passport
With name, passport number & expiration date, and photo included
3. Passport photo
A recent passport-sized photo of the applicant
4. Certificate/diploma of highest education
No need to translate into English or Chinese.
5. Certificate of HSK
Certificate of HSK (Chinese Proficiency Test,only for Business Chinese)
For applicants who are in China: If you are an employee, you still need to provide employment separation certificate and your current residence permit. If you are a student, you need to provide transfer certificate, leaving certificate, certificate of attendance rate issued by previous school and your current residence permit.
- How to Apply
- It only take you minutes to apply through CUCAS!
- 1. Click “Apply Now” button on the right side of the page.
- 2. Fill in online application form. (About 10 minutes)
- 3. Upload required documents. (About 5 minutes)
- 4. Pay the application fee and CUCAS service fee (CUCAS is authorized to collect on the university’s behalf). (About 5 minutes)
- 5. Click “Submit” button.
- Important notice: You need to create a CUCAS account before apply. Account name needs to be a valid email, which will be used to receive CUCAS notice about your application process.
CUCAS provides best service in this industry to international students. Apply through CUCAS, you will enjoy:
- • Free Online Consulting, response within one working day.
- • Free access to Chinese university database, 20,000+ programs in 300+ top Chinese universities are available.
- • Free and easy-to-use online application system, only need 20 minutes to complete application.
- • Free accommodation booking.
- • Free DHL delivery - fast arrival and guarantee to get admission package.
- • Mostly get admission letter in 2 weeks.
- • Free visa guide, per-departure guide and students handbook.
- • Airport pick-up Service.
- • Money Transfer Service.
- • Chance to find alumni.
- Learn More>>
|·Starting Date :||
|Teaching Language :||Chinese|
|Application Deadline:||Feb 22 , 2019|
|Tuition :||RMB 8,300 In Total|
|Application Fee:||USD 115 (Non-Refundable)|
|Service Fee:||USD 50 (Non-Refundable)|
Feel Free to Ask Questions!
Tel : (86) 010-82865135
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org