- Over 18 and under 65 years old;
- In good health.
ZJU is the right way for study chinese language cause this campus have lots of good student who can help us for studying mandarin in china. actually, i love this city, hangzhou is a great place for study, especially for foreign people. Hangzhou have a good culture could support us for practice language. I think the character of this place is same with my birth place, Bandung. so i hope, this is my best way for take mandarin course in ZJU, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China.
- 2 weeks ago
- Name:Tedja Bani Adlan Tedja
a friend of mine was there and she liked it, so I decided to choose this university.
- 3 weeks ago
- Name:jin chenxin
I have previously lived in Hangzhou for a duration of about 8 months, so I feel quite familiar with Zhejiang University's neighborhood and I think the city itself is very inspiring with its surrounding nature, mountains and cityscape.
I could only study Chinese culture by myself back then, but I hope to get a more proper learning environment by having a class on the campus and I believe Zhejiang University is well-known for being exactly that. I've visited the campus near the West Lake a few times since I was living nearby and I'm fairly convinced it would suit me in my Chinese learning. Plus, I hope to be able to discuss with friends I had made last year; knowing people around certainly is a plus.
- 12 months ago
- Name:Marsolais Vincent
ZhU is one of the best universities of China
- 1 Year ago
- Name:Irgit Mergen
- From:Russian Federation
One of the main reasons that I specifically chose Zhejiang University was due to its international recognition. Moreover, the Language Programme is composed by some elective activities in which I believe will help me further develop my language skills as well as my interpersonal skills. In addition to that, the field trips provided by the university will be a great opportunity for me to connect with people from different cultures and backgrounds. For these many reasons, I believe Zhejiang University will give me the necessary tools for me to succeed in the future.
- 1 Year ago
- Name:Wu Mayke
- A clear focus on Chinese language;
- Carefully designed immersion activities and excursions;
- Lectures delivered by qualified faculty at school;
- Discussions with the participation of Chinese students and faculty;
- Access to optional Chinese culture courses.
1. Program Introduction
Editor Notes: International College organizes language-teaching classes at elementary, intermediate and advanced levels.
- Students are to be placed in classes that suit them best by taking a proficiency test.
- A class is usually composed of 15-20 students.
- The spring semester usually starts from late February and the autumn semester from early or middle September.
- A semester usually consists of 18 weeks with 20 class hours of language courses per week.
- Electives are offered for students to choose from one to three courses according to the students’ interest and Chinese capacity.
- Field trips are arranged once or twice each semester.
2. Program Structure
Editor Notes: The whole program can be divided into 3 aspects, which are main courses, elective courses, and lecture series.
2.1 Main Courses
Elementary Level (Grade 1-3): Intensive Reading Practical Conversation Listening Comprehension Extensive Reading Intermediate Level (Grade 4-5): Intensive Reading Listening and Conversation Practical Writing Extensive Reading Advanced Level (Grade 6-7): Intensive Reading Advanced Comprehensive Chinese Practical Writing Extensive Reading
2.2 Elective Courses
Taiji Gong-fu Chinese Calligraphy Traditional Chinese Painting Survey of China Ancient Chinese Language Study of Chinese Character Traditional Chinese Operas Chinese Literature History of China Chinese Economy
2.3 Lecture Series
Art and Culture Social Science Economic and Business Management Chinese Customs Chinese Tourism Chinese Philosophy Survey of Chinese Economy Traditional Chinese Medicine Chinese Folk Music Education in China Marketing in China Survey of China Appreciation of Cultural Relics Chinese Aesthetics Management of China-foreign Joint Ventures Chinese Calligraphy and Painting Tea Culture and Chinese Cuisine Culture Chinese Society Doing Business with China Chinese Drama Chinese Politics and Law International Trade Traditional Chinese Religions
3. Insurance & Scholarships
Editor Notes: Zhejiang University offers comprehensive insurance and scholarships to the international student.
- Insurance includes accident injury medical treatment, hospitalization medical treatment, disability and loss of life.
- Each student who studies more than one-half year at the university can enjoy these insurance.
- Fee for the comprehensive insurance is included in the tuition.
- Outstanding studying students have opportunities of getting Zhejiang University Chinese Language Scholarship.
4. School Introduction
Editor Notes: Zhejiang University is a Public, 985 Project Comprehensive university.
Zhejiang University is a national comprehensive university. Founded in 1897, it was initially known as “Qiushi Shuyuan” (Qiushi Academy), one of the earliest modern academies of higher learning established in China. Zhejiang University‘s fields of study cover philosophy, literature, history, education, science, economics, law, management, engineering, agriculture, medicine and etc. The university, now has 113 specialties for undergraduate studies, and it is entitled to confer master's degrees in 324 programs and primary (secondary) discipline doctoral degrees in 41 (252) programs, Learn More>>
5. The International College of Zhejiang University
Editor Notes: It had its first enrollment of international students in 1979 and there are more than 25,000 international students in the school.
- The college has a strong teaching faculty composed of more than 30 full-time teachers and over 40 part-time teachers.
- The college has a HSK(Chinese Proficiency Test) Test Center which holds the test on April, June and November every year.
- The International College accepts over 200 CSC scholarship students every year.
- The college has been vigorously developing Chinese language teaching programs with overseas partners.
- The college provides many opportunities of fieldwork and after-class activities each year.
6. Campus Life
Editor Notes: International students enjoy the wonderful life in the campus.
7. Registration Information
Registration Time: Sept 10 - Sept 11 2016
Registration Address: Lobby, 1st Floor, International College Building, Yuquan Campus of Zhejiang University
- Over 18 and under 65 years old;
- In good health.
Tuition Fee Non-degree RMB 9,000 in total (About $ 1,655) Accommodation Fee 31 Student Dormitory Double Room RMB 40 Chu Kochen Hall of International Education Double Room RMB 60 to RMB 70 Single Room RMB 50 to RMB 70 International Student Hall Double Room RMB 40 to RMB 60 Single Room RMB 40 to RMB 60 Cuibai Lyceum Dormitory Double Room RMB 40 to RMB 70 International Student Apartment Double Room RMB 20 to RMB 30 Youyi (Friendship) Apartment Double Room RMB 35 to RMB 55 Other Fees Application Fee RMB 390 to RMB 800 Service Fee USD 50 Living Expense RMB 2,180 to RMB 2,780
- Application Materials
1. Application Form
Please upload your finished application form here.
2. Photocopy of valid passport
With name, passport number & expiration date, and photo included
3. Passport photo
A recent passport-sized photo of the applicant
- How to Apply
- It only take you minutes to apply through CUCAS!
- 1. Click “Apply Now” button on the right side of the page.
- 2. Fill in online application form. (About 10 minutes)
- 3. Upload required documents. (About 5 minutes)
- 4. Pay the application fee and CUCAS service fee (CUCAS is authorized to collect on the university’s behalf). (About 5 minutes)
- 5. Click “Submit” button.
- Important notice: You need to create a CUCAS account before apply. Account name needs to be a valid email, which will be used to receive CUCAS notice about your application process.
CUCAS provides best service in this industry to international students. Apply through CUCAS, you will enjoy:
- • Free Online Consulting, response within one working day.
- • Free access to Chinese university database, 20,000+ programs in 300+ top Chinese universities are available.
- • Free and easy-to-use online application system, only need 20 minutes to complete application.
- • Free accommodation booking.
- • Free DHL delivery - fast arrival and guarantee to get admission package.
- • Mostly get admission letter in 2 weeks.
- • Free visa guide, per-departure guide and students handbook.
- • Airport pick-up Service.
- • Money Transfer Service.
- • Chance to find alumni.
- Learn More>>
|·Starting Date :||
|Teaching Language :||Chinese|
|Application Deadline:||Jun 15 , 2017|
|Tuition :||RMB 9,000 In Total|
|Application Fee:||USD 75 (Non-Refundable)|
|Service Fee:||USD 50 (Non-Refundable)|
Feel Free to Ask Questions!
Tel : (86) 010-82865135
E-mail : email@example.com