18-60 years old;
Be healthy.Your Chance to Get Admitted
IT is a good university as per my belief...
- 8 months ago
- Name:LABBROO SANIDHYA LABBROO
Xiamen is one of the most beautiful cities in China and luckily it also holds one of the most prestigious and highly regarded Universities. XMU also has excellent study facilities and offers a range of optional courses that are of interest to me.
- 9 months ago
- Name:Cronin Nicole Catrina
- From:United Kingdom
1. High-quality education and research
2. Excellent support services for international students international students
- 1 Year ago
- Name:ANKOMAH EMMANUEL
Xiamen university seems to have a great intensive Chinese language program that I would like to enroll in.
My friends are currently studying there and they highly recommend this university.
- 1 Year ago
- Name:Moabi Reabetswe Katlego
- From:South Africa
Dear Sir or Madam,
being born and raised in Germany as a child with asian background, I naturally was interested in asian culture ever since. At first primarily Vietnam, given that this is the country my parents originated from. But later, as I grew up, I developed more and more interest in East Asia as a whole and ultimately in China through music and art, in which I am passionate about. At age 14 I started listening to chinese music and at 16 I watched chinese dramas regularly. It became only logical, for me to study in this particular field after graduating from high school.
This is why I started in 2012 studying "Moderne Ostasienstudien" (Modern East Asian Studies) at the University of Duisburg-Essen. The attention of my academic studies belongs to China and its society, politics and economy.
Three years later I want to finally meet the country I researched, studied and loved for so long. I want to extend my knowledge about its characteristics and its people, as well as deepen my Chinese.
Chinas economy is leading in the world. Through internships in german companies I have got in touch with chinese component suppliers. In order to learn more about all the steps it takes to produce a commodity and to be able to actually order and fabricate a product myself in China, it is crucial to learn and speak Chinese. There is no better way in learning the language then in the country itself.
After spending months of researching every bigger city in China, I eventually fell in love with Xiamen and its beautiful scenery. The attractive coastal city has beautiful beaches, a pleasing climate and the air is mostly clean. The city is big enough to have fun, but small enough to not get too confused in downtown, yet it still has plenty of nature to show off.
But the university itself was a great selling point for me as well. Not only did my friends, who studied here, too, liked the university very much, but its Chinese language program is also very convincing to me, which is the main reason I want to study here. The concept seems carefully thought out and, from what I heard and read, the teachers are kind and teach well.
I would love to receive the chance of studying at this great university within this great city in this great country. I would be able to learn the language at its very best and I would be honored and thrilled to do all of the above at your university.
I am excitedly anticipating your, hopefully positively, answer.
- 2 Years ago
- Name:Tran Thi Hong Nhung
- Students get access to Confucius Institute Scholarship;
- The University is equipped with Top-notch facilities;
- XMU developed Extensive international cooperation;
- XMU is a HSK test center approved by MOE;
- XMU offers students with safe and comfortable apartments on campus, costing only 1000RMB per semester;
- Students can change from long-term Chinese program to junior college or undergraduate study of Chinese language.
1. Teaching Objective
Editor Notes: This Chinese language program of XMU aims to help develop students' Chinese consciousness and language sense.
- To hlep srudents master Chinese knowledge in Chinese listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
- To help students get a better understanding of Chinese culture and customs.
2. Program Introduction
Editor Notes: Students are divided into different levels based on the result of the placement test taken at the beginning of the semester.
- All courses are taken in a semester, including major and optional courses add up to 18—24 credits.
- As for the credit hours, depending on their Chinese levels, students can choose their own courses with a maximum credit hours of 24/semester.
3. Courses Arrangement
Editor Notes: The main and optional courses as well as the the sample curriculum will be shown.
3.1 Major Courses
Elementary Chinese Intermediate Chinese Advanced Chinese Oral Chinese Chinese Listening News Listening Chinese Reading Chinese Writing
3.2 Optional Courses
HSK lectures(elementary & intermediate) Chinese Customs lementary Oral Chinese for Economy & Trade Computer Application in Chinese Language Newspaper Reading Modern Chinese Phonetics General Introduction to Chinese Character Modern Chinese Grammar Modern Chinese Rhetorics Chinese language and social culture Peoples and Customs in China Translation Poems of Tang Dynasty Chinese Movies Chinese Music Chinese Calligraphy I-go Game Minnan Dialect Chinese Kungfu Chinese Dances
4. Time of Study
Editor Notes: The exact time arrangement shall depend on the actual situation.
- Over 1 semester, Monday to Friday, 18 - 24 hours per week, 18 weeks per semester;
- Spring Semester: February/March to June;
- Autumn Semester: September to the next January.
4.2 Possible class hours
- 8:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m./li>
- 13:00 a.m. - 14:30 p.m.
- 14:40 p.m. - 16:10 p.m.
Editor Notes: The costs shown here are onlr for reference and it may change a little according to actual situation.
Totally about 40,000RMB per year, a quite reasonable amount compared to other univerisities in China due to the low costs in dormitory rents and meals on Xiang'an campus.
- Meals: about 600-900RMB for meals per month, using XMU e-card in dining halls.
- Health check in Xiamen Quarantine Bureau: about 500RMB.
- Residence Permit in Xiamen (Visa): 400RMB (<1 year).
- Textbook fee: based on the courses you take, about 300RMB per semester.
- Insurance premium: about 600 RMB.
- There might be some other expenses, but it won't be much.
6. Extracurricular Activities
Edoitor Notes: Rich and colorful activities are to be hosted quite often.
- Visit to Xiamen University and historic cultural spots (self-paid);
- All kinds of gala evenings organized by the OEC every semester;
- Chinese language competitions, field and track sports competitions, football matches, Marathon and so on. (Self-paid).
7. Certificates Awarded
Certificate of Completion issued by Overseas Education College of Xiamen University
8. Career and Development
Graduates work as business Chinese talents, TCSOL teachers, a messenger of cultural communication between China and foreign countries etc.
Editor Notes: Students should pay attention to the following good news!
- Long term Chinese language students can apply to join undergraduate or junior college Chinese program. If it is approved, the credits they achieved can be transferred to the undergraduate or junior college program after certain procedures.
- Tuition fee can not be refunded if you paid for one semester or less and decide to give up your study in OEC. If you paid for more than one semester and report to OEC about your decision to quit your study before the next academic term starts, the exceeding part can be returned to you according to relevant regulations of XMU.
10. Introduction to XMU
Editor Notes: Xiamen University was the first university in China founded by an overseas Chinese.
- At present, Xiamen University is the only university in any of five special economic zones.
- XMU is one of China 's higher-level universities designated for the state key construction of the “211 Project” and the "985 Project".
- Currently, Professor Zhu Chongshi is the President of the University and Professor Zhu Zhiwen is the Chairman of the University Council.
Guoguang 3 Building, International Students Apartment, Xiang'an Campus of Xiamen University,South Xiang'an Road, 361102,Xiamen. Fujian Province, China
18-60 years old;
Tuition Fee Non-degree RMB 13,000 in total (About $ 2,385) Other Fees Application Fee RMB 240 to RMB 400 Service Fee USD 50 Living Expense RMB 2,000 to RMB 2,600
- Application Materials
1. A photocopy of valid passport
With name, passport number & expiration date, and photo included
2. Certificate for highest education
Such as high school diploma or above degree certificate.
3. A two-inch photo
4. HSK certificate (if there is)
5. Original physical examination record (if there is)
- How to Apply
- It only take you minutes to apply through CUCAS!
- 1. Click “Apply Now” button on the right side of the page.
- 2. Fill in online application form. (About 10 minutes)
- 3. Upload required documents. (About 5 minutes)
- 4. Pay the application fee and CUCAS service fee (CUCAS is authorized to collect on the university’s behalf). (About 5 minutes)
- 5. Click “Submit” button.
- Important notice: You need to create a CUCAS account before apply. Account name needs to be a valid email, which will be used to receive CUCAS notice about your application process.
CUCAS provides best service in this industry to international students. Apply through CUCAS, you will enjoy:
- • Free Online Consulting, response within one working day.
- • Free access to Chinese university database, 20,000+ programs in 300+ top Chinese universities are available.
- • Free and easy-to-use online application system, only need 20 minutes to complete application.
- • Free accommodation booking.
- • Free DHL delivery - fast arrival and guarantee to get admission package.
- • Mostly get admission letter in 2 weeks.
- • Free visa guide, per-departure guide and students handbook.
- • Airport pick-up Service.
- • Money Transfer Service.
- • Chance to find alumni.
- Learn More>>
|·Starting Date :||
|Teaching Language :||Chinese|
|Application Deadline:||Jul 10 , 2018|
|Tuition :||RMB 13,000 In Total|
|Application Fee:||USD 75 (Non-Refundable)|
|Service Fee:||USD 50 (Non-Refundable)|
Feel Free to Ask Questions!
Tel : (86) 010-82865135
E-mail : email@example.com