This program includes three parts:
(1) Chinese culture and natural science courses. In order to facilitate their learning and life in China and contact with patients in their medical practice, the Chinese language shall be a compulsory course during the whole undergraduate medical program in English for international students in China.
(2) Basic medical sciences, behavioral science, humanities, social science and medical ethics, preventive medicine and clinical medicine. It is also required to pass the examinations of these courses respectively.
(3) Internship. The institutions shall meticulously organize the reasonable arrangement of the internship. The duration of the internship is one year (at least 48 weeks).
WHU is recognized by WHO and the graduates of MBBS program are eligible to take the Medical Licensing Examinations held by the medical councils in different countries such as MCI, PMDC, USMLE, HPCSA, SCHS etc.
Note: Every semester's curriculums will be adjusted according to the university arrangement at that time.
- Application Fee: 800 RMB
- Tuition Fee: 32,000RMB/year
- Accommodation Fee: 7,200-12,000 RMB/year (details)
- Insurance Fee: 600 RMB/year
- Visa Fee: 400 RMB for a year)
- Accommodation Deposit: 200 RMB
- Physical Test Fee: Around 300 RMB
- Text Book: Around 1000 RMB
- Living Cost: 1,000-2,000 RMB/month
- In total: 54,500-71,300 RMB/year
The internship is arranged in the 6th year with duration of 1 year (at least 48 weeks). Students can choose to do the internship/training in China, their home country or any other country. During the internship period, the tuition fee is still RMB 32,000 per year.
For students who would like to do the internship in China, they should pass the new HSK 4 to contact with the patients. WHU would arrange the internship at one of its 2 affiliated hospitals - Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University and Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University.
The hospitals have 2800 beds, 15 million out-patients per year, 50,000 in-patients per year, 25,000 major operations and a full list of disciplines covering 100 clinical and auxiliary departments and 30 laboratories.
For those who do their internships in other countries, WHU need to do a qualification evaluation on the chosen hospital. After the internship, if they have finished the graduation thesis and thesis defense in the first five years, they can get their diploma and if they can’t return to China, the school can provide mail service.
And, students have to take the final examination on Theory Test and Clinical Evaluation in WHU before graduation.
MBBS Degree: Upon graduation, students need to pass the HSK 3 (New HSK 4) to get the diploma.
On completing the requirements of the teaching program and passing the graduation examinations successfully, international medical undergraduates will be granted a graduation certificate and conferred a medical degree by the host institution, if they meet the degree regulations of the host institution. The English copy of the degree will state MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery).
After obtaining MBBS Degree, the graduates can apply to take the medical licensing examination in the medical council in order to get registered and practice medicine. According to the regulations in different countries, the students may need to do the degree accreditation first. A MBBS degree holder can find jobs in government as well as private hospitals, nursing homes and other health facilities. Except this, one can also start his own clinic or pursue study for master’s degree.
- High school graduate or above, or have passed Grade Twelve (10+2)/FSc./A Level/WAEC or equivalent.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport, above the age of 18 and under the age of 30.
- Applicants shall hold a high school diploma and provide high school transcript with the marks above B+ or over 70%.
- Applicants shall have strong competence in Engsh language. Students from non-native Engsh speaking countries must provide the certificates of learning English in the primary and secondary schools or the certificates of Engsh proficiency test.
- Applicants shall have realible economic supports and guarantors. Medical insurance is compulsory during their period of study at our university.