- Be a senior high school graduate.
- Below 60 years old.
I want to join BLCU because of its outstanding reputation in teaching Chinese, which will be of great help to further improve my Mandarin level. I consider Mandarin as an essential language in today's business world and I am eager to keep on developing my mandarin level. This also represent a chance to discover the culture, and the city of Beijing.
- 2 days ago
- Name:LIM KAM SIAN EMILIE LEE BHIN
I want to improve my reading, listening, writing and speaking in chinese as I believe than its a very important language and also to communicate throughout my stay in China. And BLCU is known to be a very good school for foreign students.
- 1 week ago
- Name:Ng Ah Ngan Nicolas Christian Nicolas Christian
Best short-term program, opportunity to do intensive courses, and flexible in terms of background level in Chinese (Segolene is passing HSK3 on May 20 and aims to succeed HSK4 in the fall).
- 1 month ago
- Name:Goulet Ségolène Sae
I think it suits my taste of what a language institution can offer.
- 6 months ago
- Name:oji kanayo
Due to my limited time period, I have few universities to study Chinese. Beijing Language and Culture University looks the best out of other universities in term of facilities and location.
- 10 months ago
- Name:Laobundit Suppachai
- BLCU being an undisputed world leader in Chinese language education has always been a leading liberal arts university in China.
- BLCU is called Little United Nations, which brings ideas and brilliant minds together, inspiring global communications and exchanges with real impact today and in the future.
- BLCU has become the academic base for the study of languages and culture and the cradle for diplomats.
- A complete list of Chinese Language Courses with constant innovation in curriculum are provided to the international students.
- BLCU owns a strong faculty team with most recognized teaching quality.
Teaching Time from Aug.03 to Aug 30. 2017
1. Training Goal
- To grasp accurate Chinese vocabulary, sentence patterns.
- To understand the connotation and structure of Chinese culture in a variety of comprehensive and effective teaching methods.
2. Program Structure
Editor Notes: All courses are conducted in sixteen different levels of six ranks, i.e. A, B, C, D. E. and F, ranging from the beginner’s to advanced.
2.1 Classes Arrangrment
- Class hours: 8:00 am to 12:00 am, Monday through Friday, 20 hours a week.
- BLCU will arrange a visit to the Great Wall and to a show, free of charge.
- There will be optional cultural courses opened in two programs, c.f. below. Tuition fee will be charged extra, and the minimum students number is 8.
- The optional courses will be conducted in the afternoon, and RMB 30 for one class hour.
2.2 Compulsory Course & Study Hours
Class Level Class A Class B Class C Class D Class E Courses Name & Study Hour(per week) Beginners’ Chinese Comprehension (10) Beginners’ Advanced Chinese Comprehension(10) Quasi-intermediate Spoken Chinese (10) Intermediate Spoken Chinese(10) Advanced Spoken Chinese (10) Beginners’ Chinese Review Exercises(10) Beginners’ Advanced Chinese Review Exercises(10) Quasi-intermediate Chinese Reading (6) Intermediate Chinese Reading (6) Advanced Chinese Reading (6) Quasi-intermediate Chinese Listening (4) Audio-Visual Chinese Speaking (4) Audio-Visual Chinese Speaking (4)
2.3 Optional Courses Time-table
Time & Week Tuesday
week 0 / Calligraphy week 1 Calligraphy Martial Art week 2 Martial Art Painting week 3 Painting Kungfu Fan week 4 Tea Art Paper-cutting Art
3. School Introduction
Editor Notes: It is the only international university in China with its main task set at teaching the Chinese language and culture to foreign students.
Beijing Language and Culture University was founded in 1962, and was originally named the Higher Preparatory School for Foreign Students. In 1996, with the approval of the Ministry of Education, the school became the Beijing Language and Culture University. It is the only international university in China, and is highly respected. Its main task is to teach the Chinese language and culture to foreign students, Learn More>>
4. International Cooperation
Editor Notes: BLCU has built cooperative ties with universities and educational institutions in over 50 countries and regions in the world.
- The School owns more than 100 well-known foreign scholars as its professors emeritus and visiting professors.
- The School pays much attention to cultivating talents through international co-operation.
- BLCU has won the title “Excellent Confucius Institute” and lots of faculty members there awarded as “Excellent Staff of the Year”.
- More than 1,000 Chinese language teachers work in oversea universities and educational institutions.
5. Campus Life
Editor Notes: International students can immerse themselves in Chinese and the culture and make friends from all over the world.
The 3rd Chinese Bridge Competition
The 5th Chinese Star
6. Registration Information
Registration Date: From Aug 1 to Aug 3, 2016
Registrtion Address: The Foreign Student's Office in Room No. 109, Teaching Building No. 3
- Be a senior high school graduate.
- Below 60 years old.
Tuition Fee Non-degree RMB 3,500 in total (About $ 645) Accommodation Fee The Conference Center Hotel Single Room RMB 140 to RMB 348 International Student House (Building 17) Double Room RMB 35 to RMB 95 Single Room RMB 100 to RMB 95 Studio RMB 160 to RMB 200 International Students Dormitory Service Center (Building 4) Double Room RMB 54 to RMB 80 Single Room RMB 100 to RMB 150 International Students Dormitory Service Center (Building 6) Double Room RMB 50 to RMB 80 Single Room RMB 100 to RMB 90 Studio RMB 160 to RMB 200 International Students Dormitory Service Center (Building 7) Single Room RMB 100 to RMB 90 International Students Dormitory Service Center (Building 8) Single Room RMB 120 to RMB 90 Other Fees Application Fee RMB 600 to RMB 800 Service Fee USD 50 Living Expense RMB 2,200 to RMB 2,800
- Application Materials
1. Application Form
Please upload your finished application form here.
2. Photocopy of valid passport
With name, passport number & expiration date, and photo included
3. Passport photo
A recent passport-sized photo of the applicant
4. Certificate/diploma of highest education
No need to translate into English or Chinese.
5. Valid identity document of the applicant's emergency contact person
For example, photocopy ofÂ ID card, photocopy of passport, etc.
6. Certificate of HSK
Certificate of HSK (Chinese Proficiency Test,only for Business Chinese)
- How to Apply
- It only take you minutes to apply through CUCAS!
- 1. Click “Apply Now” button on the right side of the page.
- 2. Fill in online application form. (About 10 minutes)
- 3. Upload required documents. (About 5 minutes)
- 4. Pay the application fee and CUCAS service fee (CUCAS is authorized to collect on the university’s behalf). (About 5 minutes)
- 5. Click “Submit” button.
- Important notice: You need to create a CUCAS account before apply. Account name needs to be a valid email, which will be used to receive CUCAS notice about your application process.
CUCAS provides best service in this industry to international students. Apply through CUCAS, you will enjoy:
- • Free Online Consulting, response within one working day.
- • Free access to Chinese university database, 20,000+ programs in 300+ top Chinese universities are available.
- • Free and easy-to-use online application system, only need 20 minutes to complete application.
- • Free accommodation booking.
- • Free DHL delivery - fast arrival and guarantee to get admission package.
- • Mostly get admission letter in 2 weeks.
- • Free visa guide, per-departure guide and students handbook.
- • Airport pick-up Service.
- • Money Transfer Service.
- • Chance to find alumni.
- Learn More>>
|·Starting Date :||
|Teaching Language :||Chinese|
|Application Deadline:||Jun 30 , 2017|
|Tuition :||RMB 3,500 In Total|
|Application Fee:||USD 115 (Non-Refundable)|
|Service Fee:||USD 50 (Non-Refundable)|
Feel Free to Ask Questions!
Tel : (86) 010-82865135
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org