- Be a senior high school graduate.
- Be in the age bracket of 18-60.
Highly recommended in internet searches and by local Chinese in Beijing.
- 1 week ago
- Name:Foenander Christopher
My Chinese tutors at the Australian National University recommended BLCU as the best university for learning languages in China. I traveled to China in the year 2000 and backpacked around the country - I went to Xi'an, Wuhan and Beijing. I taught English at Wuhan Technical University and at Xi'an Bo Ai School. I turned 19 while I was visiting Tibet. I loved my time in China and ever since then I have wanted to learn the language better. I have always been fascinated with Asia and China in particular. When I finish my degree (Bachelor of Asian Studies/Masters of Globalisation) I hope to work for Chinese businesses that need representation in Australia. China is the world's largest exporter and second largest importer - Australia's economy is dependent on a happy relationship between our countries, I hope I can facilitate that.
- 3 months ago
- Name:Dollisson Trish
BLCU is a very famous Chinese university. In particular I like the variety of flexible studying options.
- 4 months ago
- Name:Ali Khan Haider
I feel that Beijing Languages and Culture is an ideal place to go and study Mandarin, being it the University that focuses more on culture and Language, and it also offers scholarshipfor foreign student. Havind spent four years in Beijing with China Radio Internal as Editor and presenter in Hausa Service, I am more or less acquinted with Beijing where the University is situated. I also had a part time job with Beijing Communication University, where I taught Hausa Languages. Some of my students are currently with CRI Hausa Service. I therefore feel this University is the best place to polish my Hanyu.
- 8 months ago
- Name:Mamuda Lawal
I choose this university because they full scholarships for chines language learning.
- 1 Year ago
- Name:Manan Abdul
- BLCU being an undisputed world leader in Chinese language education has always been a leading liberal arts university in China.
- BLCU is called Little United Nations, which brings ideas and brilliant minds together, inspiring global communications and exchanges with real impact today and in the future.
- BLCU has become the academic base for the study of languages and culture and the cradle for diplomats.
- A complete list of Chinese Language Courses with constant innovation in curriculum are provided to the international students.
- BLCU owns a strong faculty team with most recognized teaching quality.
Study Duration: Sept 13 to Dec.05,2018
1. Program Introduction
Editor Notes: This program is suitable for the learners of various levels.
- This program will offer lots of optional courses.
- This program adopts standardized teaching, with emphasis on systematic grammar learning and communicative competence development.
- There are 4-week, 5-week, 12-week, and term-long Chinese language and culture training courses all year round, and 4-week, 5-week, 6-week, and 8-week courses during the summer vacation period.
- Students will have two options among all courses, i.e. 20 hours/week training course and 30 hours/week intensive course.
- Students will have a placement test upon registration and then arranged in the suitable classes.
- Students can also have individualized Chinese language and culture training courses, summer camps, and cultural tours for special enterprises, schools, organizations and so on.
- There are lots of interesting language practice activities which integrate cultural experiential teaching with language teaching.
2. Program Structure
Editor Notes: All courses are conducted in sixteen different levels of six ranks, i.e. A, B, C, D. E. and F, ranging from the beginner’s to advanced.
Teaching grade Courses Class A Comprehensive Chinese ABC Oral Chinese ABC Listening ABC Class B Primary Comprehensive Chinese Primary Spoken Chinese Primary Listening Class C Standard Intermediate Comprehensive Chinese Standard Intermediate Oral Chinese Standard Intermediate Listening Language Practice Class D Intermediate Comprehensive Chinese Intermediate Spoken Chinese Intermediate Listening Intermediate reading Class E Standard advanced comprehensive Chinese Standard advanced Spoken Chinese Standard advanced listening and speaking Standard advanced reading Class F Advanced comprehensive Chinese Advanced Spoken Chinese Advanced listening and speaking Advanced reading and writing
3. Time Table
12 Week Courses ( 20 class hours per week) Level A (Beginner) Level B (Elementary) Level C (Pre-intermediate) Level D (Intermediate) Level E/F (Advanced) Comprehensive Comprehensive Comprehensive Comprehensive Comprehensive Speaking Speaking Speaking Speaking Speaking Listening Listening Listening Listening Audio-Visual and Speaking Reading Reading Reading 4/5/6 Week Courses (20 class hours per week) Level A (Beginner) Level B (Elementary) Level C (Pre-intermediate) Level D (Intermediate) Level E/F (Advanced) Speaking: Learning and Practice Elementary Chinese: Learning and Practice Speaking Speaking Speaking Speaking: Intensive Practice (Beginner and Refresher) Elementary Chinese: Intensive Practice Listening Listening News Reading Reading Reading
News Audio-Visual and Speaking
4. School Introduction
Editor Notes: It is the only international university in China with its main task set at teaching the Chinese language and culture to foreign students.
Beijing Language and Culture University was founded in 1962, and was originally named the Higher Preparatory School for Foreign Students. In 1996, with the approval of the Ministry of Education, the school became the Beijing Language and Culture University. It is the only international university in China, and is highly respected. Its main task is to teach the Chinese language and culture to foreign students, Learn More>>
5. International Cooperation
Editor Notes: BLCU has built cooperative ties with universities and educational institutions in over 50 countries and regions in the world.
- The School owns more than 100 well-known foreign scholars as its professors emeritus and visiting professors.
- The School pays much attention to cultivating talents through international co-operation.
- BLCU has won the title “Excellent Confucius Institute” and lots of faculty members there awarded as “Excellent Staff of the Year”.
- More than 1,000 Chinese language teachers work in oversea universities and educational institutions.
6. Campus Life
Editor Notes: International students can immerse themselves in Chinese and the culture and make friends from all over the world.
The 3rd Chinese Bridge Competition
The 5th Chinese Star
- Be a senior high school graduate.
- Be in the age bracket of 18-60.
Tuition Fee Non-degree RMB 8,300 in total (About $ 1,525) Accommodation Fee International Students Dormitory Service Center (Building 9) Double Room RMB 60 (per person per day) to RMB 65 (per person per day) Single Room RMB 110 (per person per day) International Students Dormitory Service Center (Building 16) Double Room RMB 70 (per person per day) Single Room RMB 145 (per person per day) Overseas Students'Building No.1 (For Government Scholarships) Double Room RMB 50 (per person per day) International Student House (Building 17) Double Room RMB 80 (per person per day) Single Room RMB 150 (per person per day) International Students Dormitory Service Center (Building 4) Double Room RMB 70 (per person per day) to RMB 80 (per person per day) Single Room RMB 145 (per person per day) International Students Dormitory Service Center (Building 6) Double Room RMB 75 (per person per day) Single Room RMB 140 (per person per day) to RMB 145 (per person per day) International Students Dormitory Service Center (Building 7) Single Room RMB 145 (per person per day) International Students Dormitory Service Center (Building 8) Single Room RMB 145 (per person per day) Other Fees Application Fee RMB 600 to RMB 800 Service Fee USD 50 Living Expense RMB 2,200 to RMB 2,800
- Application Materials
1. Copy of Guarantor’s ID
2. Photocopy of valid passport
With name, passport number & expiration date, and photo included
3. Passport photo
A recent passport-sized photo of the applicant
4. Certificate/diploma of highest education
No need to translate into English or Chinese.
5. Certificate of HSK
Certificate of HSK (Chinese Proficiency Test,only for Business Chinese)
- How to Apply
- It only take you minutes to apply through CUCAS!
- 1. Click “Apply Now” button on the right side of the page.
- 2. Fill in online application form. (About 10 minutes)
- 3. Upload required documents. (About 5 minutes)
- 4. Pay the application fee and CUCAS service fee (CUCAS is authorized to collect on the university’s behalf). (About 5 minutes)
- 5. Click “Submit” button.
- Important notice: You need to create a CUCAS account before apply. Account name needs to be a valid email, which will be used to receive CUCAS notice about your application process.
CUCAS provides best service in this industry to international students. Apply through CUCAS, you will enjoy:
- • Free Online Consulting, response within one working day.
- • Free access to Chinese university database, 20,000+ programs in 300+ top Chinese universities are available.
- • Free and easy-to-use online application system, only need 20 minutes to complete application.
- • Free accommodation booking.
- • Free DHL delivery - fast arrival and guarantee to get admission package.
- • Mostly get admission letter in 2 weeks.
- • Free visa guide, per-departure guide and students handbook.
- • Airport pick-up Service.
- • Money Transfer Service.
- • Chance to find alumni.
- Learn More>>
|·Starting Date :||
|Teaching Language :||Chinese|
|Application Deadline:||Aug 3 , 2018|
|Tuition :||RMB 8,300 In Total|
|Application Fee:||USD 115 (Non-Refundable)|
|Service Fee:||USD 50 (Non-Refundable)|
Feel Free to Ask Questions!
Tel : (86) 010-82865135
E-mail : email@example.com