- Above 18 years old;
- High-school degree or above;
- With a valid passport.
ONE OF THE BEST UNIVERSITIES
- 1 month ago
- Name:LABBROO SANIDHYA LABBROO
- 2 months ago
- Name:Keller Frieder
Good school for Chinese language study.
School admits older students and I am 62 years old.
Many international students.
- 3 months ago
- Name:Kragt Paul Earl
- From:United States
Beijing Foreign Studies University specializes in languages teaching since 1941. It qualified for the first round of the Project 211. I think it is one of the best universities in Beijing to learn chinese, meet people and get to know the place.
- 4 months ago
- Name:Ciancio Fausto
In 2014, I studied Chinese at China Ocean University in Qingdao, Shandong, and had an incredibly fulfilling experience. I now wish to continue and deepen my knowledge of Chinese culture and become more fluent in speaking Chinese.
First I have been to Beijing several times and I was each time breath-taken by how beautiful, lively and culturally flourishing the city was. I believe that living in Beijing will be exciting and give me yet a different take on Chinese life.
Second, I know that Beijing hosts some of the best universities in China and BFSU is one of them. I am sure that the teaching and pedagogy at BFSU will be dynamique and modern, and I hope to benefit from that and improve my skills, especially speaking. I trust that BFSU will have a more communicative approach.
Finally, I wish to return to China because I enjoy life in China. The atmosphere, the people, the food, the culture are just some of the things I miss and will be looking forward to living with
- 1 Year ago
- Name:Grancher-Martel Patrick
- This program is provided students with excellent faculty and inclusive courses.
- This program adopts small-class teaching.
- Students can have various language practice and recreational activities.
- The School provides scholarships for outstanding students.
1. Training Goal
Editor Notes: This program cultivates students with overall Chinese language skills.
- International students could be trained with overall Chinese language skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- This program aims to help students to have the ability of better communicating with the language.
2. Program Introduction
Editor Notes: This program begins classes in the spring and autumn semesters each year, with the curriculum lasting 18 weeks each semester.
- Class Time: Monday to Friday 08:00-11:50 or 13:00-16:50.
- This program is divided into preliminary level, intermediate level and advanced level, which are also subdivided into a total often sub-levels, with students assigned to classes according to their level of language competence.
- This program will put emphasis on aural and oral training in small-sized classes, with about 15 students in each class.
3. Program Structure
Editor Notes: The Chinese Training Center sets 2 to 3 compulsory courses and some 20 elective courses every semester for students at different levels.
3.1 Compulsory Courses
Elementary Chinese Preliminary Oral Chinese Intermediate Chinese Intermediate Oral Chinese Intermediate Reading and Writing Advanced Chinese Advanced Oral Chinese Advanced Reading and Writing
Training Levels Target Students Teaching Objective A (Elementary level I) For students having not learned any Chinese For students of Elementary level A, after they conclude one semester’s study, they are supposed to have a vocabulary of 700-1000 words and get to the grammar study at the elementary phase.
Reach the level of HSK2/3.
B (Elementary level II) For students having learned Pinyin and mastered about 600 words For students of Elementary level B, after they conclude one semester’s study, they are supposed to have a vocabulary of 1000-1200 words and complete the grammar study at the elementary phase.
Reach the level of HSK3/4.
C (Intermediate Level) For students having learned Chinese and mastered about 1200 words For students of Elementary level C, after they conclude one semester’s study, they are supposed to have a vocabulary of 1200-1500 words and finish learning the grammar of the elementary phase and basic lexical usage.
Reach the level of HSK4/5.
D (Advanced Level) For students having learned Chinese and mastered about 1500 words For students of Elementary level D, after they conclude one semester’s study, they are supposed to have a vocabulary of 1500-2500 words and finish learning the grammar of the elementary phase and part of the grammar and vocabulary of the intermediate phase.
Reach the level of HSK5/6.
3.2 Elective Courses
Elementary reading Elementary writing Elementary audiovisual-oral practice Intermediate audiovisual practice Intermediate newspaper reading Advanced writing Introduction to Chinese Pronunciation Introduction to Chinese characters Idiomatic expressions
Courses ContentType of the lessons
Comprehensive Chinese Courses
- To get the ability to read and write Chinese language, and communicate with others in Chinese.
- To improve students’ knowledge of phonetic, vocabulary and grammar, and improve students' reading and writing ability.
- To let students understand language in cross-cultural communication, and improve the comprehensive communication ability.
- To improve the students' reading ability through reading the idiom stories, fairy tales.
- Let the students read the newspapers, magazines, news.
- Comprehensively improve students reading level.
- To improve the students' understanding of Chinese language ability and use the language communication ability based on the students' listening ability training.
- To make them understand the Chinese culture of communication is necessary.
- To develop the listening micro skills.
- To master certain listening skills.
- To improve the students' listening comprehension.
- To help students develop the correct pronunciation habits.
- To master enough vocabulary, learn to use the language, and communicate with others according to a particular topic.
- To improve the students' writing ability with different kinds of writing methods.
- To improve the students' knowledge of Chinese application ability and Chinese culture.
- To better understand Chinese culture.
- Hold regular Chinese calligraphy, Tai Chi, Chinese painting, Chinese paper-cut, Peking Opera, etc.
- To further improve the students' interest in the culture of Chinese and China.
- The tuition fee covers the textbook fee.
- For registration, it is 08:30 - 17:30 on Thursday before the lessons.
3.3 Culturally-oriented courses
A General Introduction to China Chinese Popular Culture Chinese Cuisine and Travel in China Chinese-Japanese Translation Business Chinese
3.4 Interesting activities
Talent Contest Composition Contest Fan Games Video Contest International Sales Gatherings New Year’s Party
4. School Introduction
Editor Notes: It is the first foreign language university and offering the most language programs in China.
Beijing Foreign Studies University (BFSU) is a key university directly affiliated with the Ministry of Education (MOE) of the People’s Republic of China. Founded in 1941, BFSU is the first institution specializing in foreign language studies. It has the longest history among universities of its kind in China, offering a complete range of degrees, diplomas and programs at various levels, with the largest number of foreign language programs in the country. Excellence in teaching and extensive research in foreign language and literature has earned high respect for BFSU’s quality programs, both at home and internationally, Learn More>>
5. School of Chinese Language and Literature
Editor Notes: The School has a group of teachers with rich professional experience, training about 1,700 students, with 1,200 from overseas.
- The School has been designed as the first-level discipline Master’s Degree for Chinese Language and Literature.
- The School provides two PhD programs, which are Comparative Literature and Cross-culture Study, as well as Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language.
6. Campus Life
Editor Notes: The School arranges the tourist every week for free and students have been to many famous places.
The Great Wall
The Forbidden City
7. Registration Information
Registration Time: Augu 31 - Sept 01 2016
Registration Address: Overseas Students Affairs Office, 19 North Xisanhuan Avenue, Beijing 100089, P.R. China
- Above 18 years old;
- High-school degree or above;
- With a valid passport.
Tuition Fee Non-degree RMB 21,150 in total (About $ 3,880) Accommodation Fee White Building Double Room RMB 40 to RMB 50 Single Room RMB 60 to RMB 90 Guojiao Building Single Room RMB 110 to RMB 90 Studio RMB 260 to RMB 300 Other Fees Application Fee RMB 390 to RMB 810 Service Fee USD 50 Living Expense RMB 2,200 to RMB 2,800
- Application Materials
1. Eight 2-inch photos
2. Photocopy of valid passport
With name, passport number & expiration date, and photo included
3. Guarantee letter
Better written by people who stay in China.
- How to Apply
- It only take you minutes to apply through CUCAS!
- 1. Click “Apply Now” button on the right side of the page.
- 2. Fill in online application form. (About 10 minutes)
- 3. Upload required documents. (About 5 minutes)
- 4. Pay the application fee and CUCAS service fee (CUCAS is authorized to collect on the university’s behalf). (About 5 minutes)
- 5. Click “Submit” button.
- Important notice: You need to create a CUCAS account before apply. Account name needs to be a valid email, which will be used to receive CUCAS notice about your application process.
CUCAS provides best service in this industry to international students. Apply through CUCAS, you will enjoy:
- • Free Online Consulting, response within one working day.
- • Free access to Chinese university database, 20,000+ programs in 300+ top Chinese universities are available.
- • Free and easy-to-use online application system, only need 20 minutes to complete application.
- • Free accommodation booking.
- • Free DHL delivery - fast arrival and guarantee to get admission package.
- • Mostly get admission letter in 2 weeks.
- • Free visa guide, per-departure guide and students handbook.
- • Airport pick-up Service.
- • Money Transfer Service.
- • Chance to find alumni.
- Learn More>>
|·Starting Date :||
|Teaching Language :||Chinese|
|Application Deadline:||Aug 15 , 2018|
|Tuition :||RMB 21,150 In Total|
|Application Fee:||USD 75 (Non-Refundable)|
|Service Fee:||USD 50 (Non-Refundable)|
Feel Free to Ask Questions!
Tel : (86) 010-82865135
E-mail : email@example.com